Typical Biotech Profile
- R&D spend of less than €10million per year.
- Spun out from University or pharma company.
- Privately funded by venture capital or publicly listed.
- Goal is to survive and move products to value inflexion point for exit sale or IPO.
- Manage liquidity-related pressures to cut costs and accelerate timelines.
- Manage scientific risks of novel and often unproven targets / technologies.
- Manage relationships with co-development and CRO partners.
- Fund drug development and commercialisation.
- Scout and introduce investors, MidPharma, and Big Pharma partners.
- Conduct project / product valuations.
- Prepare business cases.
- Support negotiations with potential partners and investors.