Typical MidPharma Profile
- R&D spend of €10-€500 million per year.
- Private / family owned or publicly listed. Some MidPharmas come from a family heritage with up to a hundred years or more of profitability from on-market products, typically in one or a few European countries. Others come from a more recent ‘biotech’ heritage, having started with venture capital and/or milestone revenues.
- Goal is to sustain a profitable and growing enterprise that can last for generations.
- Exploit competences and build up own unique capabilities consistently with heritage.
- Create new markets and seize new opportunities.
- Achieve more from external collaborations.
- Develop and operationalise business strategies.
- Develop asset / platform strategies to maximise portfolios.
- Formulate product plans to proof-of-concept and market entry.
- Transform R&D organisation to build on distinctive capabilities.
- Design, plan and secure in/out-licensing deals.
- Design innovation and partnership models with academia, Big Pharma and service providers.
- Provide forums for MidPharmas to connect, share knowledge and experience, network and collaborate through our multi-company activities.