Brian McGee, Engagement Manager at Novasecta, was recently quoted in a number of news sources on GlaxoSmithKline’s decision to appoint Emma Walmsley as Chief Executive:
- Reuters: Breaking the mould – GSK picks Big Pharma’s first female CEO
- The Telegraph: GlaxoSmithKline might not be heading for a major shake-up under Emma Walmsley, but she will still forge her own path
- The Daily Mail: Breaking the mould: GSK picks Big Pharma’s first female CEO
- Financial Express: Breaking the mould: GSK picks Big Pharma’s first female CEO
- Scrip: GSK’s New CEO Designate Walmsley Fortifies Volume Growth Strategy
In these articles, Brian comments that Walmsley is an “inside-outsider” who understands how to effectively operate, but with a valuable external perspective on the business through years working in fast-moving consumer goods. He states that this background should allow her to bring a fresh and more commercially astute perspective to investment decisions.